Some of our most beloved and talented pals jumped on board to animate some shots, so we threw in a few directions, but we just let them do their thing.
And they killed it. Some bold mofos even animated on 6s. The nerve!
By this time we knew comp was going to be heavy, with lots of layers, glow, defocus, gradients, and all the usual cosmic stuff. So we had to carefully plan the workflow.
One tricky part was the orb morphing into its angry mood.
The base texture was animated using After Effects, then imported into Animate, where frame-by-frame adjustments were made. Those adjustments were then reimported into After Effects.
Hope you all enjoy and get mesmerized by Tartarus.
We recommend watching it on a bigger screen.
- Ladawards: LAD PLATA 2022 - Animation.
- Pictoplasma: Official Selection 2022.
- Florida Festival: Official Selection 2022.
- Tokyo International Monthly Film Festival: TIMFF WINNER.
- Film Shortage: Daily Shortpick.
- Festival de Cortometrajes Cortos con Ñ: Selección Oficial.
- Golden Short Film Festival: Golden Animated Short Category 4th Quarter Finalist.
- Prix Ars Electronica 2022: International Competition for CyberArts Honorary Mention.
Created and Directed by Club Camping. Creative Direction: Mariano Fernández Russo. Art Direction and Illustration: Juan Barabani. EP: Ana Sieglitz & Juliana Millán. Line Production: Carolina Cantero. Animation Direction: Mariano Fernández Russo. Animatic: Mariano Fernández Russo. 2D animation: Emmanuel Zampalo, Fernando Lamattina, Franco Pelliciaro, Katherine Pryor, Mariano Fernández Russo, Maricel Piazza & Martín Lara. Clean-up: Alan Mohamed, Gabriela Bosco & Sofía Díaz. Additional Compo: Yago Lopez. Compositing: Mariano Fernández Russo. Original Score by @pan.sonico (Victoria Baraga & Juan Barabani). Audio Post Production: Fede Vilas. BTS Editor: Juan Raimondi. BTS Production: Laura Casadiego. Production Finance: Eleonora Villa. Special Thanks: Victoria Pezzoli, Eloy Fernández Russo, Ignacio de Asúa, Tomás de Asúa Millán, Chloe Maratz, Miumiu Rodríguez, Martín Roma & Dante Millán.